When I use to live on rent, I use to have a list of people and organisation to inform whenever I moved houses like employer, bank, subscriptions etc.
One of them was HMRC.
We need to inform HMRC in number of scenarios:
Change in personal details
Change in Income:
- income from a new source, like self-employment or rental income
- taxable benefits
- benefits from your job, such as a company car
- lump sums from selling things you pay Capital Gains Tax on, such as shares or property that’s not your main home
- income from property, money or shares you inherit, such as dividends from shares or rent from property
Relationship or family changes
- Like when you get married or divorced.
For more details and the process of how to inform HMRC see link below: https://www.gov.uk/tell-hmrc-change-of-details